Brigitte Kruse of Brigitte Kruse Appraisal Services is one of the leading experts in the field. With her years of experience, Brigitte Kruse devotes her time and passion in giving fully unbiased and expertly written formal appraisal reports that meet all of the standardized guidelines and code of ethics determined by both the Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the International Society of Appraisers (ISA) as well as less formal valuations. Considering Brigitte Kruse’s impressive resume, it’s a no wonder so many flock to her to receive an accurate appraisal and valuation. Coming from an extensive background, one of many fields she specializes in is jewelry appraisals.
Reasons for Jewelry Appraisal Service; Insurance, Resale & Know Worth
There are a few different reasons for appraisals, but generally, most folks get a jewelry appraisal for insurance purposes or for resell and/or auctioning. The value of your jewelry determines the circumstances of filing insurance claims, or for buying specific insurance in the event your jewelry is stolen, lost, or damaged. With Brigitte Kruse Appraisal Services, we take extra care and time to perform the various tests and research to determine the authenticity and quality of the metals, stones and history of the piece.
Jewelry Items Appraised
Brigitte Kruse Appraisal Services jewelry appraisals include, but is not limited to the following: Gold, Platinum and Sterling Silver Jewelry, Jewelry Hallmarks, Antique Jewelry, Vintage Jewelry, Jewelry Watches, Charms, Charm Bracelets, Rings; Championship, Class, Promise, Engagement, Wedding Rings, Necklaces, Chokers, Bolo Ties, Cameos, Pendants, Lockets, Bracelets, Cuff Links, Bangles, Earrings, Hairpins, Hatpins, Brooches, Pearl Jewerly; Akoya, South Sea, Fresh Water Pearls, Birthstone Jewelry, Gemstones and Diamond Grading; Alexandrite, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Citrine, Diamond, Emerald, Garnet, Lapis Lazuli, Moonstone, Morganite, Opal, Paraiba, Peridot, Rubellite, Ruby, Sapphire, Spinel, Tanzanite, Topaz, Tourmaline, Turquoise, Zircon etc.
Jewelry Appraisals for Insurance Purposes
Brigitte Kruse Appraisal Services jewelry appraisal services is highly beneficial for your insurance appraisals. To help you better understand that importance, we have listed the key points of getting an appraisal for jewelry pertaining to insurance.
1. Insurance process is less strenuous with a jewelry appraisal. In many instances, jewelry often comes with a sentimental bond to treasures gifted from a loved one, or handed down through the generations. No matter the financial value, some pieces are more special than others, but in any case, having insurance for your jewelry is important and to do so, you need an appraisal to approximate its worth. When buying insurance for your treasured jewelry pieces, you need to know some pertinent information, such as 1) What amount your Homeowners insurance policy covers on your jewelry, or if you either need a separate policy or an items endorsement. 2) If a separate policy or items endorsement is required, underwriters base the coverage amount on the facts and value of the jewelry appraisal. 3) Premiums are also based on the same appraisal value.
2. Your word or opinion is not adequate for insurance companies. Even in the event your insurance agent is your best friend, the insurance company’s underwriters will need more proof than what you say your jewelry is worth. Before your policy can be written, a written report by a professional, Brigitte Kruse Appraisal Services for example, will need to be issued
3. Insurance claims and policies need more than a sales receipt. Insurance companies do not care what you paid for your jewelry; they are only interested in the appraisal report as a reliable source of value.
4. Updated appraisals are essential to the process. In most cases, jewelry appraisals should be done every 5 years or so, as the jewelry value can alter due to a variety of circumstances. As a result, in some cases an insurance company won’t write a policy or perform a claim until a current jewelry appraisal has been conducted. The circumstances to why your jewelry value may differ throughout the course of time are as follows:
– Precious metals, diamonds, stones, and other fine jewels market price can rise and fall; when it happens the value of your jewelry adjusts.
– The value can also go up or down on vintage or antique collections depending on the designs and style popularity.
– Over time the stones or metals can be damaged, which will decrease the value, or if getting repairs to once damages jewelry may increase the value.
Jewelry Appraisals in Beverly Hills, Agoura Hills, Palm Springs, Indio & Southern California
Getting your jewelry appraised through Brigitte Kruse Appraisal Services can help you in getting appropriate insurance, or filing a claim in the event of tragedy. Brigitte Kruse is proud to have over 25 years of gemology field training and also be one of the nations leading jewelry auctioneers. Call us today to schedule your jewelry appraisal appointment!